October 4, 2010

i'll sink without You

I was doing QT this morning when I read this verse: "I will set his hand over the sea, his right hand over the river."-Psalm 89:25. Then I remembered my dream from last night.

It was like a waterfall and a tsunami fused together. Children as young as three were splashing in the waters as the tidal waves were building up. When the waves came crashing down, the children jumped in sync with them and none drowned. I watched this scenario with fear from a narrow ledge along a wall when I noticed a man, possibly around his mid-30s, standing several feet ahead of me. It seemed to me that he was controlling the waves and giving cues to the children on when to jump. I could see mirth and joy in the faces of the children, all of them trusting the man in authority. Next thing I knew, I was with a young boy who began splashing water at me, laughing all the while. The boy's face and his clothes glowed like the sun. I couldn't help but think how much he resembled a heavenly angel. I forgot that I was afraid of the waves earlier. In this young boy's presence, I could only feel peace.

Oh God, my God, I am in awe of the ways You reveal Yourself to me.