February 20, 2011

day 24

A letter to your parents.

Dear Mum and Dad,

You guys are so chill. I'm relieved that you guys don't use martial arts on me Bruce Lee style or refuse to give me dinner, all because I got a B in school. Sometimes I wish I could be more open with you two. I can't even bring myself to hug you guys or say "I love you", and that hurts. Although, I think it hurts you guys a hundred times more. It's a slow process but I'm trying to shed this skin of being an uptight daughter. Mum, every time I talk to you about boy problems, your instinct is always right. I might as well have you choose my husband. And Dad, the last time I remember bonding with you was in September. I was home from college for the weekend and you were teaching me how to make paper boats. I'm not sure if you know this but I had a lot of fun even though we didn't talk much. Mum and Dad, I love you guys both and hope that someday I'll be able to say it to you out loud.